www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ted Keller <kel...@bfg.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy/5972: Proxy cannot connect to many IIS 4.0 sites
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:20:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_proxy/5972; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ted Keller <keller@bfg.com>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_proxy/5972: Proxy cannot connect to many IIS 4.0 sites
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:09:07 -0400 (EDT)

 Mark,

 I'm still looking at this.  What I've discovered is as follows....

 Certain iis 4.x sites are not sending the <fin> packets when closing the
 tcp connection.  I've verified this with the site operators.  My
 understanding of the tcp protocol is this packet is required to close the
 session.  Once closed, the read in apache should get the end of file
 indicator - thus allowing the data to be sent to the client.

 Is my understanding correct?

 I'm still curious as to why you can't reproduce the problem.  Can you
 provide any input?

 tnx
 ted keller