www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Scott Preston" <pre...@shands.ufl.edu>
Subject os-solaris/4322:
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/4322; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Scott Preston" <prests@shands.ufl.edu>
To: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: os-solaris/4322:
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:24:23 -0400

 PR 4322 and 1296 are not Apache bugs (they are user errors!).

 I had this problem (these problems) on my Solaris 2.7 box.  I had used =
 GNUTAR to move the system to a new disk and extraced it with a command =
 like:

 gtar -xf  files.tar

 When I booted off the new disks I had the following error in the apache =
 error_log

 [error] (13)Permission denied: accept: (client socket)

 and received the following when I tried to telnet to the port (80):

 telnet localhost 80
 Trying 127.0.0.1...
 Connected to localhost.
 Escape character is '^]'.
 SetSockOpt: Invalid argument
 Connection closed by foreign host.     =20

 The apache server that serviced the request would be killed off and =
 another one spawned, with the exact same problem.

 The answer is to extract the files from the tar file correctly (with =
 PERMISSIONS!) like this:

 gtar -xpf  files.tar

 (with p being the important item).  =20

 Hopefully my mistake extracdting the system can help clear these issues =
 off the "bug" list and save someone else a bit of time!

 Scott Preston