www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ted Keller <kel...@bfg.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy/5972: Proxy cannot connect to many IIS 4.0 sites
Date Sat, 15 Apr 2000 02:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_proxy/5972; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ted Keller <keller@bfg.com>
To: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_proxy/5972: Proxy cannot connect to many IIS 4.0 sites
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:24:20 -0400 (EDT)

 Hmmm....

 I'm starting to wonder if this is a Solaris issue....

 I noted a message on the apache news group titled

  Apache Timeout problems on SPARC Solaris

 where the author indicated timing problems on solaris that were not
 evident in linux.

 Answers to your questions...

 http://support.dell.com is the site.  It just doesn't download without
 timeout logic.  If you can't reproduce that - maybe this is somehow os
 related.

 1.3.9 is my standard release.  I've noted the code in 1.3.12 and 2.0 alpha
 release was unchanged in this area.  Did not test them - will do that
 Sunday.

 Browsers - I've had reports for various versions of Netscape and IE.  Also
 hit it with lynx and had similar experience.  It seems to be browser
 independent.

 Again, I will try the later releases Sunday and report.  I don't have
 ready access to another type of box - but will see what I can do.

 Will report back later.

 ted keller