www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Adam M.Costello <...@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject mod_autoindex/5952: It would be great to have an IndexUnignoreAll directive.
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:38:00 GMT

>Number:         5952
>Category:       mod_autoindex
>Synopsis:       It would be great to have an IndexUnignoreAll directive.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Sun Apr 02 20:40:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     amc@cs.berkeley.edu
>Release:        1.3.9
If I'm a lowly user and my server admins have configured httpd with

IndexIgnore README ...

then there's no way I can get a file named README into a FancyIndexing index.
It would be nice if I could do something like this in my .htaccess file:

IndexUnignoreAll
IndexIgnore . .htaccess

Or if you wanted to be more ambitious:

IndexUnignore README