www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bartlett <john...@wolfram.com>
Subject Re: general/5863: Server going into Apache's hangs and has heavy load when serving pages by the Inktomi traffic server (which includes AOL)
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:39:58 GMT
Okay, a few items to mention.

1) Yesterday, it got really bad, and it wasn't specifically from AOL.  The
AOL thing could be just because we get a lot of hits from there.

2) I upgraded apache to 1.3.12.  The problem is still there, but
different.  The processes don't spin out of control, but the stay on the
same page, with the scoreboard saying they are in "W" mode.  They consume
about 5% processor time each.  This is much better that the previous
scenario, but still not good.

3) strace -p xxxxx says nothing.  Apparently there are no system calls
being made.  I haven't tried compiling with -g yet.

4) After further consideration, there is a possibility that this is a
mod_perl thing, because we do have our own mod_perl implementation of
multiviews.  I will try disabling that and seeing what happens.

On 13 Mar 2000 marc@apache.org wrote:

> [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, you need]
> [to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]
> [subject line starts with the report component and number, with ]
> [or without any 'Re:' prefixes (such as "general/1098:" or      ]
> ["Re: general/1098:").  If the subject doesn't match this       ]
> [pattern, your message will be misfiled and ignored.  The       ]
> ["apbugs" address is not added to the Cc line of messages from  ]
> [the database automatically because of the potential for mail   ]
> [loops.  If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
> [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request from a  ]
> [developer.  Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!     ]
>

> Synopsis: Server going into Apache's hangs and has heavy load when serving pages by the
Inktomi traffic server (which includes AOL)