www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Schuyler Bishop <sbis...@collegis.com>
Subject RE: mod_proxy/5796: ProxyPass
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:08:50 GMT
I have determined that when ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse are used, and the
authentication directives (AuthName, AuthType, AuthUserFile, Require) are
located in the <Directory proxy:*> area, the authentication will not ever
succeed.  I moved the auth directives to a <Location /> directive (or
whatever the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse location is), and authentication
works great.  I would suggest that ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse not fit
into any authentication directives in <Directory proxy:*>, and instead
require a <Location...> for them.  Additionally, one should be able to turn
off "classical" proxy behavior (that is, when it is used by configuring
one's browser for proxy) when using ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse.  This is
primarily so that unauthorized proxy users would not abuse the proxy server
when it is only used in a ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse configuration.

Schuyler

Schuyler Bishop (sbishop@collegis.com)
Technical Services Division
Collegis, Inc