www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Petteri Heinonen <h157...@cs.tut.fi>
Subject config/5921: File does not exist: /usr/htdocs/
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:13:23 GMT

>Number:         5921
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       File does not exist: /usr/htdocs/
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Mar 24 00:20:01 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     h157056@cs.tut.fi
>Release:        1.3.9
When I try to connect to my server (with http://klarinetti.atm.tut.fi/), I get HTTP 404 file
not found. I've tried with and without DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf. But when I connect with:
http://klarinetti.atm.tut.fi/index.html, all works out fine. I've tried with different DocumentRoot
directives too. But it should display what's in a DocumentRoot directory even without any
html-file in it, shouldn't it?
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I think it's in configuration files, but I've gone through manuals and webpages and everything.