www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Duncan <d...@piscean.co.uk>
Subject config/5885: The files never get updated
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:52:20 GMT

>Number:         5885
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       The files never get updated
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Mar 15 07:00:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     dunk@piscean.co.uk
>Release:        1.3.3
>Environment:
Windows 95 and 98
Apache binary used - also running InstantASP
Only chaned the config files enough to get it to work

Maybe Im stupid( well actually I am) but Im running Apache on a local server to develop web
pages. When I change the source of the files and then try to reload them with my browser pointing
at the server I never get the updated file. Then about a day later it realises that the files
changed and I might get the new one.
Sorry if Im really dumb but I have searched the whole of your web site and Im stuck.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Is it something to do with cacheing somewhere? Ive cleared them on my client machine.