www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Andrew Williams <a...@yahoo.com>
Subject general/5877: Error in build
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:23:27 GMT

>Number:         5877
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Error in build
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Mar 14 08:30:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     amw1@yahoo.com
>Release:        2.0a1
/bin/sh ./libtool --silent --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT `/home/andrew/Build/apache_2.0/src/apaci`
 -o apache  modules.lo buildmark.lo  modules/standard/libapachemod_env.la modules/standard/libapachemod_log_config.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_mime.la modules/standard/libapachemod_negotiation.la modules/standard/libapachemod_include.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_autoindex.la modules/standard/libapachemod_dir.la modules/standard/libapachemod_cgi.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_asis.la modules/standard/libapachemod_imap.la modules/standard/libapachemod_actions.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_userdir.la modules/standard/libapachemod_alias.la modules/standard/libapachemod_access.la
modules/standard/libapachemod_auth.la modules/standard/libapachemod_setenvif.la modules/standard/libapachemod_echo.la
modules/mpm/prefork/libprefork.la main/libmain.la os/unix/libos.la ap/libap.la lib/apr/libapr.a
regex/libregex.la -lnsl -lcrypt -lnsl
modules/standard/.libs/libapachemod_env.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run
ranlib to add one

Tried both ranlib and ar on the file.  I'm not terribly familiar with creating
archives so I could be missing something big.  Submission is more for your
information as I know that this is an alpha release.