www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Frank Schulze <fschu...@mrsfs1.mw.tu-dresden.de>
Subject mod_include/5867: Cancelation of SSI-request doesn't stop server job
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:37:53 GMT

>Number:         5867
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       Cancelation of SSI-request doesn't stop server job
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Mar 13 02:40:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     fschulze@mrsfs1.mw.tu-dresden.de
>Release:        1.3.0
>Environment:

uname -a
SunOS rks6 5.5.1 Generic_103640-32 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2

There's a *.shtml-page that includes the <!--#exec...--> ...ution of
some shell script.  It takes the script a while to do any
sophisticated things.  The user (client) is impatient an cancels
the request (e.g. moves towards another webpage):

To me it seems that the execution of the shell script on the server
is completed - and not terminated - although its output will be
rejected anyway.

>How-To-Repeat:
Easily.  8->
>Fix:

Is it possible to catch any signal about the cancellation of the
request by the client, and kill the job running on the server?

Is it possible to define for SSI (and for CGI-scripts too) an
upper limit of CPU-time the may consume ... and to kill them
automaticly, if they exceed that limit?