www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Neal <br...@aceshardware.com>
Subject general/5838: HTTPD becomes unresponsive
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2000 05:17:33 GMT

>Number:         5838
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       HTTPD becomes unresponsive
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Mar 06 21:20:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     brian@aceshardware.com
>Release:        1.3.11

The httpd process doesn't die, but given time, apache will stop accepting requests.  This
happens on an almost regular basis and I can't hardly turn my back on this software.  I kill/restart
the process nightly, but that doesn't always seem to prevent this from happening.  I don't
know if it's an issue with Apache or Sun's TCP/IP implementation or what, but I am wondering
at this point if I would not be better off to go with a commercial solution with support,
etc.
>How-To-Repeat:
Start up Apache on a similar config.  I'm not entirely sure it's reproducable, but assuming
it's a memory leak somewhere, it should be.
>Fix:
Maybe this is a sun problem, or maybe it's your problem, I don't know.