www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/5824: Indexes directive doesn't work properly
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 22:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/5824; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Mirek Marciniszyn <M.Marciniszyn@aldec.zgora.pl>
Cc: Mirek Marciniszyn <mirek@aldec.zgora.pl>, submit@bugz.apache.org
Subject: Re: os-windows/5824: Indexes directive doesn't work properly
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:30:48 -0700 (MST)

 On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Mirek Marciniszyn wrote:

 > Marc,
 >
 > You are wrong. I have configured the same options under Linux and I have
 > what I want. During open directory, which doesn't contains index.html file I
 > get message: "You are not authorized to view this page" - so it's OK.
 > Under Windows doesn't working. Please test it.

 Erm... _something_ is different in your configs.

 I can assure you, that "Options ExecCGI FollowSymlinks" is supposed to
 disable generating directory indexes.  Read the docs; they are clear on
 how this works.

 What you should be doing is figuring out why it doesn't work tha tway on
 your Linux box.  Perhaps there is a .htaccess file somewhere or some other
 config difference.