www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mark Allman <ssppaarr...@hotmail.com>
Subject os-windows/5827: Premature end of script headers - for all gcc compiled programs
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2000 17:45:04 GMT

>Number:         5827
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Premature end of script headers - for all gcc compiled programs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Mar 01 09:50:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     ssppaarrkyy@hotmail.com
>Release:        Apache 1.3.12
I have a *very* basic CGI script written in C:
----
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
        printf("Content-Type: text/plain\n\n");
        printf("Wibble!");
        return 0;
}
----
The problem is very simple - if I compile this with VC 6.0, and then attempt to execute the
script via a web browser/apache, it works, and gives the expected output (Wibble! :o). However,
if I compile it using gcc, it gives an internal server error, and the logfiles report "Premature
end of script headers".

I would think that the executable produced by gcc was faulty, but executing both programs
from the command-line gives correct results (the http header, wibble), and it is only when
attempting to use the gcc compiled program through apache that it fails.