www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Oleg Riachenkov <o...@address.com>
Subject os-windows/5786: Very poor Documentation on using Apache with Windows, Specially CGI applications
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:48:56 GMT

>Number:         5786
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Very poor Documentation on using Apache with Windows, Specially CGI applications
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          doc-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Feb 21 00:50:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     olex@address.com
>Release:        1.3.9
Dear Apache Developers,

I like to mention that Win32 documentation is incomplete.  It is very hard to
setup and run CGI applications in windows with Apache due to lack of proper documentation,
if some one uses .exe aplications and not a scripts. Your windows documentation is only one
page wich DOES NOT cover issues with win-cgi at all.

Most common features and directives to run CGI are not there:
AddType, Action, ScriptInterpreterSource just a few to mention.

PLEASE ADD MORE CGI SETUP INFORMATION FOR WINDOWS USERS.

Thank You.

Oleg
>How-To-Repeat:
Check Documentation.