www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Vladislav Malyshkin <...@mail1.nai.net>
Subject mod_jserv/5755: mod_jserv and httpd -HUP restarting problem
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:33:33 GMT

>Number:         5755
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       mod_jserv and httpd -HUP restarting problem
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    jserv
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Feb 14 08:40:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     mal@mail1.nai.net
>Release:        1.3.11
Using Apache 1.3.11 + ApacheJServ 1.1  on RedHat 6.1
(with either JDK 1.1.7 or JDK 1.2)
I have the following problem

I  installed ApacheJServ 1.1 which starts automatically by httpd.
It works fine untill first restart of HTTPD by command killall -HUP httpd
Since httpd received -HUP signal every few minutes I get a new message in httpd server error_log

ApacheJServ/1.1: Exception creating the server socket: java.net.BindException: Address already
in use

It looks like httpd is trying to start JVM over and over again despite it is already running.
In several days I have hundreds of lines with this message

ApacheJServ/1.1: Exception creating the server socket: java.net.BindException: Address already
in use

grep on ApacheJServ 1.1 source gives line 345 of JServ.java
ApacheJServ-1.1/src/java/org/apache/jserv/JServ.java:345:            fail("Exception creating
the server socket", e);

I have never had any such problem with
mod_jserv from ApacheJServ 1.0.
It started in ApacheJServ 1.1

>How-To-Repeat:
do
killall -HUP httpd
and after 20 minutes look to server logs
>Fix:
no