www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From bpaul...@lehman.com (Brian Paulsen)
Subject Re: general/5746
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2000 21:01:33 GMT
Hmm, that clears up a misunderstanding on my part, and you are absolutely
correct that the remaining problem is how to deal with the port issue.

Here's the final kicker (and I'm willing to jump into modrewrite unless
you know of a quick fix)...  I'm not always guaranteed to have port 80
be the default...

Here's what is happening:
I have my machine set up with a ServerName of `hostname` and somebody
else is proxying to it.  Unfortunately, these guys like to set up development
proxies and test them out and I have little control over what port they
want to use on their development proxy server.

So, unfortunately, I can't set up my machine to be on Port 80 and listen
to 8888.

In other words, what I need to handle are the following cases:
http://othermachine/mydirectory
and
http://othermachine:1000/mydirectory
and the generic
http://othermachine:XXXX/mydirectory

Is there a quick way in apache to handle this one, or should I be visiting
the modrewrite scripts?

Thanks,
Brian