www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Frederic Choquet <fchoq...@hotmail.com>
Subject os-windows/5721: Can start Apache but there's nothing on port 80
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2000 08:50:14 GMT

>Number:         5721
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Can start Apache but there's nothing on port 80
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Feb 08 01:00:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     fchoquet@hotmail.com
>Release:        1.3.6
After installing Apache 1.3.6, I can start it either as a service or as console app. But it
looks as if my "httpd.conf" file was not read by the app.
I can't log on to 127.0.0.1:80 and there's nothing on port 80 in my "Winnt\System32\Drivers\etc\services"
file.
Otherwise my httpd.conf file seems OK and the line "Port 80" is present.
I am french, so:
- I run it on a french release of Windows NT,
- maybe I forgot something or misunderstood something when reading the docs...
can you help me anyway?
>How-To-Repeat:
Install Apache on Windows NT Server or Workstation 4.0 sp4.