www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Philippe Brieu <philippe+apa...@astro.ucla.edu>
Subject general/5704: 'make install' changes permission of ALL "*.h" files in $includedir
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2000 23:37:17 GMT

>Number:         5704
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       'make install' changes permission of ALL "*.h" files in $includedir
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Feb 04 15:40:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     philippe+apache@astro.ucla.edu
>Release:        1.3.11
'make install' executes 'chmod 644 $includedir/*.h $includedir/xml/*.h'
(where $includedir is specified in config.layout.
However if $includedir contains files other than Apache's (e.g. I have it set
to /usr/local/include), their permission is changed when it shouldn't, because
they may have been set to something special.
>How-To-Repeat:
In config.layout set includedir to a directory with random files that have a
permission other than 644 and do a 'make install' then check the permissions
in that directory.
>Fix:
The 'chmod 644' should be applied only to the files coming from the Apache
distribution.