www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>
Subject gnats installed on locus, give it a try
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2000 02:48:30 GMT

I've got gnats installed on locus.apache.org, and the Apache bug database
interface now installed as

  http://bugnew.apache.org/

I've been working on getting bugzilla up but it's been a bitch, so I
thought at the very least in the meantime I'd move gnats over to the
faster hardware.  It's definitely much nicer, but required a bit of
hacking to deal with the different format for the index file and other
subtle changes between 3.101 and 3.110 (which I guess is a RC for 4.0
gnats).

So anyways, log in, try out different options, add some bugs and close
them, etc; don't answer any *actual* bugs, as my plan is to let you all QA
it for a few days and then recopy the database of bug reports from taz
over to locus again, and then change the DNS so it's bugs.apache.org and
not bugnew.apache.org.  So for now if you want to answer actual bugs keep
answering them on http://bugs.apache.org/, i.e. taz.

I'm still not sold on bugzilla; I'd like to consider the possibility of
developing a Java-servlet-based bug database with some other folks.  The
most important thing is that the history we have in the current set of
5528 bugs is important to preserve, and I'd really not spend a lot of time
converting them all to some equivalent format for Bugzilla if I'm also
going to convert them to a new system.

Anyways, let me know if you see any problems with
http://bugnew.apache.org/.

	Brian