www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Julien PLISSONNEAU DUQUENE <pliss...@istm.fr>
Subject Re: suexec/3989: vhosts & scriptaliases
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2000 19:05:50 GMT

On 7 Jan 2000 coar@apache.org wrote:

> Synopsis: vhosts & scriptaliases
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
> State-Changed-By: coar
> State-Changed-When: Fri Jan  7 14:57:37 PST 2000
> State-Changed-Why:
>
> The current design of suexec requires that all suexeced
> scripts reside under the path defined at compile-time.
>
> That may mean that you need to define that as "/",
> but that's the way it works.

"It's not a bug it's a feature", so ? :) How should I report a suexec
_design_ bug ?

> Any and all options must
> be set at compile-time, not run-time.

This is not really convenient when using pre-compiled binaries. For
example everytime I upgrade my system my own version of suexec gets
overwritten ... and having to set the path as "/" means that this is a
sometimes useless security check.

I think that using a pre-parsed run-time config file won't hurt the
performance too much and will really ease suexec's configuration ... and
it's as safe as suexec alone.

--
Julien Plissonneau Duqučne - ISTM ICN 2002 http://www.istm.fr/