www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: general/5677: Content_type and content_encoding are lumped to gether
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:00:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/5677; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Benson Margulies <benson@basistech.com>
To: "'submit@bugz.apache.org'" <submit@bugz.apache.org>,
	"'apache-bugdb@apache.org'" <apache-bugdb@apache.org>
Subject: RE: general/5677: Content_type and content_encoding are lumped to
	gether
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:53:29 -0500

 I messed up the terminology in the original bug report. The problem is, in
 fact, worse than I had originally thought. The problem is not content_type
 versus content_encoding. The problem is the content type without the
 charset= and the charset= specification. The current modularity makes it
 essentially impossible for one module to say "text/plain" and another to say
 ";charset=UTF-8" or whatever.