www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joerg Ferschen <josch...@hotmail.com>
Subject os-windows/5676: [Mon Jan 31 20:23:51 2000] [crit] (10038)(FormatMessage failed with code 317): setup_inherited_listeners: WSASocket failed to get inherit the socket.
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:04:25 GMT

>Number:         5676
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       [Mon Jan 31 20:23:51 2000] [crit] (10038)(FormatMessage failed with code
317): setup_inherited_listeners: WSASocket failed to get inherit the socket.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jan 31 12:10:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     joschl80@hotmail.com
>Release:        1.3.7
I use the apache server to learn more about cgi and php scripting.
When i start the server offline it works perfect.
When i'm online (winsock.dll is active) i get this error code and a dos console opens
opens every second.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I use t-online software (Germany) to log in.
Perhaps i use a wrong winsock.dll, on the MS Page there is only a binary
executable to download but i want to install winsock.dll manually.
I have to be sure that it depends on winsock.