www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Srinivas Sampige ...@dps.state.la.us>
Subject general/5673: error while running "tar" on the doqnloaded file
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:49:07 GMT

>Number:         5673
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       error while running "tar" on the doqnloaded file
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jan 31 08:50:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     dw@dps.state.la.us
>Release:        1.3.9
under the url --->  http://apache.org/dist/binaries/unixware/  ,we downloaded
the file "apache_1_3_9-i386-whatever-unixware7_tar.tar" and ran "tar -xvf <the file name>"
but we constantly get a "directory check sum error" .We downloaded several times but
hot the same problem.The same problem was reported by another friend who downloaded
the samething from India.Can you please help us with the problem ??

thanks
Srinivas Sampige