www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Udo Held <apa...@udoheld.de>
Subject os-windows/5670: CGI-scripts output will be shown in the apache console and not be given back to the script
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2000 02:15:00 GMT

>Number:         5670
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       CGI-scripts output will be shown in the apache console and not be given
back to the script
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Sat Jan 29 18:20:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     apache@udoheld.de
>Release:        1.3.11
I started a perlscript. It's working well on other Windows www-servers.
The perlscript itself openes another program. Now the output of that program
isn't given back to the script like it should be. The output of the script is
given back to the apache console. There it is useless.
Apache 1.3.9 popped up a new dosconsole.
>How-To-Repeat:
I uploaded an example to http://udoheld.de/perlscript.zip
It's 2.13KB big. I documented it in English. I gave an emxample how to repeat
the problem in the readme.txt file.
>Fix:
The data given back to the apache console should be given back to the script,
so that it can work with this data.

You need Windows 9x and a working perl installaion. You will get different
results with apache 1.3.9 and 1.3.11. I used the binary ports.