www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mike Culbertson <mi...@qx.net>
Subject general/5659: error 400 when using hostnames with underscores
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:24:40 GMT

>Number:         5659
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       error 400 when using hostnames with underscores
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jan 27 08:30:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     mikec@qx.net
>Release:        1.3.11
Error 400, Bad Request is given every time I have tried to connect to a virtual
host using an underscore(_) in its hostname.  I tried several controls, including
different hostnames, document roots and IP's, all with the same result. Any virtual
host with a "_" in the name (ex. test_serv.qx.net) gave 400 error, regardless of
any other changes I made. hope this helps:) Thanks.

Mike Culbertson
http://testserv.qx.net <--works fine
http://test-serv.qx.net <--as does this
http://test_serv.qx.net <--does not work