www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From vsolve apache <vsolve_apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: general/5627: manually unloading servlets
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:56:25 GMT
Hi,

      Your Servlet Program is running fine on Linux
Platform.I have made changes to the servlet and
recompiled the servlet.It's working fine without
restarting the Apache Server.

Regards,

visolve_apache
Visolve dot com

Hi,

 Thanks for the response.

 I have 2 more issues:

 1. Isn't there a way to unload servlet without
restarting Apache server?
 You mean I have to restart the server each time I
test my servlet, too many
 restarts.  Also, not anyone can restart the server.

 2. Even though I bounce the Apache server, the
servlet seems to remain
 there:  I killed the Apache server and JServ with
Ctrl-C (was run in console
 mode), modified my servlet, compiled servlet,
launched Apache and JServ,
 tested the servlet but still didn't see the changes.
The log file jserv.log
 didn't even show that the method init is called.

 The only way I will see the changes is to reboot my
PC.

 I am attaching my servlet for your reference.

 Have I done anything wrong?

 Thanks for any info.

 Alex

=====