www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tony Turner <t...@netbci.com>
Subject config/5652: Apache won't restart after I add a NameVirtual domain above 30
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:40:31 GMT

>Number:         5652
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Apache won't restart after I add a NameVirtual domain above 30
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Jan 26 08:50:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     tony@netbci.com
>Release:        1.3.6
I have a web server set up using NameVirtualHost. We have 30 domains set up and working fine.
This machine has never had any problems, and it works flawlessly. Now I need to add another
virtual domain to it and it is giving me a bad time. When I add the entry to the httpd.conf
file (just like I have all the other domains) the server will hang as it is being shutdown.
When I type in /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop it looks as if it is going to work but it just
hang there. After that you can't start or stop apache until you go take the last virtual entry
out. Once you remove the last virtualhost entry apache stops and starts fine. I am including
a copy of my httpd.conf file. I am very new to Linux and Apache (about 6 months) so any advice
would be great.

ServerType standalone
Port 80
StartServers 10
MinSpareServers 8
MaxSpareServers 20
KeepAlive 0
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MaxClients 150
MaxRequestsPerChild 100
PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid
Timeout 300
ScoreBoardFile /var/run/httpd.scoreboard
ServerRoot /etc/httpd
HostnameLookups off
ServerAdmin webmaster@netbci.com
ErrorLog logs/error_log
User nobody
Group nobody
LoadModule env_module         modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule config_log_module  modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule agent_log_module   modules/mod_log_agent.so
LoadModule referer_log_module modules/mod_log_referer.so
LoadModule mime_module        modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule status_module      modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule info_module        modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule includes_module    modules/mod_include.so
LoadModule autoindex_module   modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule dir_module         modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule cgi_module         modules/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule asis_module        modules/mod_asis.so
LoadModule imap_module        modules/mod_imap.so
LoadModule action_module      modules/mod_actions.so
LoadModule userdir_module     modules/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule proxy_module       modules/libproxy.so
LoadModule alias_module       modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule rewrite_module     modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule access_module      modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_module        modules/mod_auth.so
LoadModule anon_auth_module   modules/mod_auth_anon.so
LoadModule db_auth_module     modules/mod_auth_db.so
LoadModule digest_module      modules/mod_digest.so
LoadModule expires_module     modules/mod_expires.so
LoadModule headers_module     modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule usertrack_module   modules/mod_usertrack.so
LoadModule setenvif_module    modules/mod_setenvif.so
ClearModuleList
AddModule mod_env.c
AddModule mod_log_config.c
AddModule mod_log_agent.c
AddModule mod_log_referer.c
AddModule mod_mime.c
AddModule mod_negotiation.c
AddModule mod_status.c
AddModule mod_info.c
AddModule mod_include.c
AddModule mod_autoindex.c
AddModule mod_dir.c
AddModule mod_cgi.c
AddModule mod_asis.c
AddModule mod_imap.c
AddModule mod_actions.c
AddModule mod_userdir.c
AddModule mod_proxy.c
AddModule mod_alias.c
AddModule mod_rewrite.c
AddModule mod_access.c
AddModule mod_auth.c
AddModule mod_auth_anon.c
AddModule mod_auth_db.c
AddModule mod_digest.c
AddModule mod_expires.c
AddModule mod_headers.c
AddModule mod_usertrack.c
AddModule mod_so.c
AddModule mod_setenvif.c
LogLevel warn
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
CustomLog logs/access_log common
UseCanonicalName on
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100

NameVirtualHost 209.192.107.228

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.safenet1.com
	DocumentRoot /home/safenet1/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.listit123.com
	ServerAlias www.listit-here.com
	DocumentRoot /home/listit123/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.ghg-inc.com
	DocumentRoot /home/ghg-inc/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.ritekem.com
	DocumentRoot /home/ritekem/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.buildithere.com
	ServerAlias www.buildit-here.com
	DocumentRoot /home/buildithere/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.netbci.com
	DocumentRoot /home/netbci/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.reeds1907.com
	DocumentRoot /home/reeds1907/public_html/
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.yocona.org
	DocumentRoot /home/yocona/public_html/
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.leecountycourier.com
	DocumentRoot /home/courier/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.pctrips.com
	DocumentRoot /home/pctrips/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.rite-kem.com
	DocumentRoot /home/ritekem/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.circle-t-minis.com
	DocumentRoot /home/circle-t-minis/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.harrisburgbaptist.org
	DocumentRoot /home/harrisburgbaptist/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.derickpitts.com
	DocumentRoot /home/derick/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.cassidypitts.com
	DocumentRoot /home/cassidy/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC Indexes
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.mugabytes.com
	DocumentRoot /home/mugabytes/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.mooseracks.com
	DocumentRoot /home/mooseracks/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.jmedesign.com
	DocumentRoot /home/digj2k/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.gumtreekitchens.com
	DocumentRoot /home/gumtreekitchens/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.tupeloschools.com
	DocumentRoot /home/tpsd/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.tupelomarket.com
	DocumentRoot /home/tupelomarket/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.wesson.md
	DocumentRoot /home/wesson/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.leecountyschools.com
	DocumentRoot /home/leecountyschools/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.corinth.md
	DocumentRoot /home/corinth/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.copensports.com
	DocumentRoot /home/copensports/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.shoptupelo.com
	DocumentRoot /home/tupelo/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.raktor.com
	DocumentRoot /home/raktor/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.maroonwhite.com
	DocumentRoot /home/maroonwhite/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.agrifair.com
	DocumentRoot /home/agrifair/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 209.192.107.228>
	ServerAdmin tony@netbci.com
	ServerName www.fibersource.org
	DocumentRoot /home/fibersource/public_html
	User nobody
	Group nobody
	Options ExecCgi Includes IncludesNOEXEC
</VirtualHost>

>How-To-Repeat:
I don't think you can repeat this problem since it seems that I'm the only one having the
problem.