www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ken Hagan <ken.ha...@louisville.edu>
Subject os-aix/5631: Sometimes the wrong User pages are serves
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:04:28 GMT

>Number:         5631
>Category:       os-aix
>Synopsis:       Sometimes the wrong User pages are serves
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jan 24 07:10:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     ken.hagan@louisville.edu
>Release:        1.3.9
Weird as this may sound, sometimes the web server serves the wrong pages
when a ~ request is made.  This leads to some amazing confusion because
we have 15,000 accounts - many of whom have no web pages.  This means that
users get File Not Found or Permission Denied errors one hit, reload and
get someone else's page, then reload and get their own page.  It only happens
intermittently and restarting the web server fixes it.  Has anyone else on the
planet ever had this problem?
>How-To-Repeat:
There is no apparent pattern to when the problem will manifest itself.
http://www.louisville.edu/~famusa01/ is an example URL that works most of
the time but goes nuts about 3 times a week.