www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Barrett <ar...@sover.net>
Subject general/5617: Apache fails to do HostnameLookups
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:18:15 GMT

>Number:         5617
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache fails to do HostnameLookups
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Jan 21 07:20:01 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     argus@sover.net
>Release:        1.3.9
My configure:

./configure \
--with-layout=Apache \
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
--enable-module=so \
--enable-module=most \
--enable-shared=max \
--enable-suexec \
--suexec-caller=www \
--suexec-userdir=www \
--suexec-uidmin=100 \
--suexec-gidmin=100 \
--suexec-safepath=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin \
--suexec-docroot=/usr/local/apache/share/htdocs

I have all the modules being loaded except for unique Id which will not load.
I first noticed the problem when I was tring to make socket calls from within apache &
php.  With no luck.  After poking around, I noticed that it worked with IP's.  After poking
around trying to trouble shoot things myself, I notice that the log files are not doing reverse
name lookup.  I tried turning HostnameLookups on and off (not double) to no avail.
>How-To-Repeat:
I was able to reproduce this problems straight out of the tar on the BSDi 4.1 machine, as
well as with raven ssl installed, php, frontpage and mod_auth_radius.  It is running successfully
on another BSDI 4.1 machine but is not compiled with shared_core on that machine.  When we
compile it with shared_core on that machine it will not do hostname lookups.
>Fix:
I wish I did.  :(