www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ueli Wittwer <witt...@sams.ch>
Subject mod_auth-any/5616: dbm auth file not found
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:06:41 GMT

>Number:         5616
>Category:       mod_auth-any
>Synopsis:       dbm auth file not found
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Jan 21 01:10:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     wittwer@sams.ch
>Release:        1.3.9
I created a dbmfile using dbmmanage /usr/local/apache/auth/usersdbm adduser test
The file /usr/local/apache/auth/usersdbm is created (without any extension)and
dbmmanage usersdbm view shows me the user test and the encrypted password.
so I tried a .htaccess
AuthDBMUserFile /usr/local/apache/auth/usersdbm
AuthName "Administrator"
AuthType Basic
require valid-user

But I always get the message:
(2)No such file or directory: could not open dbm auth file: /usr/local/apache/auth/usersdbm