www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From vsolve apache <vsolve_apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: general/5600: documents are delivered from memory
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/5600; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: vsolve apache <vsolve_apache@yahoo.com>
To: rtrosu@netscape.net, submit@bugz.apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: general/5600: documents are delivered from memory
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 05:34:59 -0800 (PST)

 Hi,

        Apache keeps Java Server Pages in the memory.
 But it doesn't keep other pages such as html pages,
 servlet pages, cgi pages in the memory.

        To clear the served jsp pages from the memory,
 you have to restart the Apache Server by invoking the
 following command.

        kill -HUP `cat httpd.pid`.

 Regards,
 visolve_apache
 v-solve dot come

 >Number:         5600
 >Category:       general
 >Synopsis:       documents are delivered from memory
 >Confidential:   no
 >Severity:       serious
 >Responsible:    apache
 >State:          open
 >Class:          sw-bug
 >Submitter-Id:   apache
 >Arrival-Date:   Tue Jan 18 11:10:01 PST 2000
 >Closed-Date:
 >Last-Modified:
 >Originator:     rtrosu@netscape.net
 >Release:        1.3.0
 Apache seems to keep served documents in memory, for
 example,
 = I loaded the file test.jsp from netscape
 = deleted the file
 = reloaded in netscape got the same thing.
 = loaded from ie got the same thing. but the file was
 not there!

 it seems that apache is cashing serverd pages?

 >How-To-Repeat:
 see above, even thow the behaviour is not consistent.