www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From vsolve apache <vsolve_apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re:general/5597: RemoveHandler in .htaccess removes Handler for whole Server
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/5597; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: vsolve apache <vsolve_apache@yahoo.com>
To: ograf@rz-online.net, submit@bugz.apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re:general/5597: RemoveHandler in .htaccess removes Handler for whole Server
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 05:32:56 -0800 (PST)

 Hi,

 You have removed the handler server-parsed associated
 with extension .html.
 This will remove the handler for .html files from all
 the paths and Virtual
 Hosts. Then, if you want to use the handler for the
 particular directory, You should add
 the directive AddHandler server-parsed .html in the
 .htaccess for that directory.

 For example,

 /htdocs/.htaccess:
      AddHandler server-parsed .html
 /htdocs/examples/.htaccess:
      RemoveHandler .html

     In the sub directory /htdocs/examples, Remove
 Handler directive will remove all the
 server-parsed handler associated with the extension
 .html for all the paths.
 So all the .html files will be treated as normal html
 file.

 Since we have AddHandler directive in the .htaccess of
 htdocs directory, all

 .html files will be parsed by the server in that
 directory.

      Similarly, you should use AddHandler in the main
 directory.Even if  you used RemoveHandler
 in the sub directory, handler will be removed only for
 that sub directory.

 Regards,
 visolve_apache

 >Number:         5597
 >Category:       general
 >Synopsis:       RemoveHandler in .htaccess removes
 Handler for whole Server
 >Confidential:   no
 >Severity:       serious
 >Responsible:    apache
 >State:          open
 >Class:          sw-bug
 >Submitter-Id:   apache
 >Arrival-Date:   Mon Jan 17 02:20:00 PST 2000
 >Closed-Date:
 >Last-Modified:
 >Originator:     ograf@rz-online.net
 >Release:        1.3.9
 I've set a Handler for all .html .htm .shtml documents
 to server-parsed.
 If I undo this in a .htaccess via RemoveHandler .html,
 the Handler is
 removed globally for all paths and virtservers.
 >How-To-Repeat:
 I can provide a test environment upon request.
 >Fix:
 no