www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From vsolve apache <vsolve_apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re:general/5590: After installing 1.3.9 upgrade I rebooted and got scriptalias problems.
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:30:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/5590; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: vsolve apache <vsolve_apache@yahoo.com>
To: jwright12@home.com, submit@bugz.apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re:general/5590: After installing 1.3.9 upgrade I rebooted and got scriptalias problems.
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 05:27:04 -0800 (PST)

 Hi,

 ScriptAlias directive takes 2 arguments:
 Syntax: ScriptAlias url-path directory-filename

 URLs with a path beginning with url-path will be
 mapped to scripts beginning with
 directory-filename.
 Example:
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/

 A request for http://myserver/cgi-bin/foo would cause
 the server to run the script
 /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/foo which is the real name
 of the directory where the file exists.

 In the httpd.conf file in line 367 where you got the
 error change the ScriptAlias directive
 to take 2 arguments as specified above and start the
 apache server.

 regards,
 vsolve_apache

 >Number:         5590
 >Category:       general
 >Synopsis:       After installing 1.3.9 upgrade I
 rebooted and got scriptalias problems.
 >Confidential:   no
 >Severity:       serious
 >Responsible:    apache
 >State:          open
 >Class:          sw-bug
 >Submitter-Id:   apache
 >Arrival-Date:   Fri Jan 14 14:10:00 PST 2000
 >Closed-Date:
 >Last-Modified:
 >Originator:     jwright12@home.com
 >Release:        1.3.9
 I just installed linux and the apache server for the
 first time...saw that there was an upgrade available
 so
 I upgraded to the newer version...as soon as I reboot
 I get scriptalias takes two arguments a fake name and
 real name.  It informs me that this is in line 367  of
 the httpd.conf file.

 I would hate to have to reinstall yet again to resolve
 this issue cause it is what I did the last time to see
 that just maybe it was my lack of inexperience in
 linux that caused the problem.
 >How-To-Repeat:
 For some reason tho I can hit the website from another
 pc tho it does say it failed
 on boot up...you can attempt to check
 http://24.9.150.5 and/or http://24.9.150.5/index.html
 to attempt