www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Gary Martin <g.mar...@shu.ac.uk>
Subject mod_include/5598: Apache allows faulty URLs like http://server/index.html/dir_name/ for SSI parsed files
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2000 11:22:22 GMT

>Number:         5598
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       Apache allows faulty URLs like http://server/index.html/dir_name/ for
SSI parsed files
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jan 17 03:30:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     g.martin@shu.ac.uk
>Release:        1.3.9
For server-side parsed files Apache appears to truncate URLs for which the
first part of the URLs is correct. E.g. any URL that begins http://server/index.html/...
or contains a space results in the first part of the file being returned.

If an html file contains a faulty link that results in the same file being
displayed. This causes robots accessing the page to continuously loop.

I am not able to switch off parsing of HTML file on my site. Nor can I guarantee
that all the links are free of erros/spaces etc.

Can you suggest a workaround please?
>How-To-Repeat:
Go to http://www.shu.ac.uk/schools/cms/peu/docs/forms.html and click on PEU. This points at
non-existesnt URL but displays the forms.html file again.