www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jason Baggs <ja...@baggsind.net>
Subject os-windows/5586: apache starting as a service or desktop is intermittent
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2000 18:38:39 GMT

>Number:         5586
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       apache starting as a service or desktop is intermittent
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Jan 14 10:40:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jason@baggsind.net
>Release:        1.3.9
configured apache and tested config, syntax OK...installed as a service, started service..ran
fine...restarted machine...403 Forbidden Error message comes up...stop service...wait about
30 seconds...start service...apache works fine...

I am also running ColdFusion Server and the module that I am using in Apache is not the newest
version..would the older module, although still working, cause apache to have a problem starting?

I had the same configuration before...but using 1.3.7 and never had this problem..I'm thinking
of regressing back to that version again.
>How-To-Repeat:
install apache 1.3.9 and ColdFusion Server onto a dual PIII-500Mhz, 384Mb RAM, running Win
NT Server 4.0 (128 bit encryption), using default ColdFusion module that comes with ColdFusion
Server
>Fix:
I have no clue