www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Josh Larios <j...@fizzylab.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5569: When jserv is told to bind to an IP other than localhost, mod_jserv is unable to correctly determine whether jserv is running or not.
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:51:04 GMT

>Number:         5569
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       When jserv is told to bind to an IP other than localhost, mod_jserv is
unable to correctly determine whether jserv is running or not.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    jserv
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jan 11 11:00:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     josh@fizzylab.com
>Release:        1.3.9 + mod_jserv 1.1b3
Using bindaddress to set an IP for JServ to use on a machine with multiple IP addresses works
as long as JServ is started manually. If it's started automagically by apache, the jserv_wrapper
ignores the bindaddress (or ApJServDefaultHost) and looks for jserv to be runnig on localhost.
Since jserv isn't running on localhost, this fails.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
in src/c/jserv_wrapper.c, the following lines:

        /* Host is LOCALHOST (jserv is started here) */
        wrapper_data->config->host=ap_pstrdup(wrapper_pool,"localhost");

can be changed to:

        wrapper_data->config->host=ap_pstrdup(wrapper_pool,cfg->host);

I don't know if that's the right way to fix it, but it works for me.