www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Seth Scardefield <seth...@yahoo.com>
Subject os-windows/5565: A problem trying to run apache
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:28:46 GMT

>Number:         5565
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       A problem trying to run apache
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Mon Jan 10 20:30:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     seth_js@yahoo.com
>Release:        1.3.9
I installed apache for Windows, but when I try to run it, I get this error:
APACHE.EXE: cannot determine local host name.
Use the ServerName directive to set it manually.

I went into you bug database and found an article on exactly the same problem (PR 670).  I
tried your suggested fix, but had no luck.  You suggested "You should be able to get away
with "ServerName localhost".  I went into the http_core.c file and added "ServerName seth_js"
(seth_js is the name of my computer) to the begining of the file?  Did I do the right thing?
Thanks...

Seth Scardefield
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
add "ServerName localhost" somewhere?  but where?