www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Alexander Prohorenko <wh...@la.com>
Subject mod_so/5559: getting signal 11 working with shared module
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 17:34:34 GMT

>Number:         5559
>Category:       mod_so
>Synopsis:       getting signal 11 working with shared module
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Jan 07 09:40:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     white@la.com
>Release:        1.3.9
Jan  7 10:26:56 nwlynx /kernel: pid 95389 (httpd), uid 70: exited on signal 11
When we're trying to access some (.so) modules we're getting such segfault.
Anything was okay on FreeBSD-2.2-STABLE with the same modules. However, some modules return
segfault and
some do not. I suppose this to be problem of Apache working with ELF binaries.
>How-To-Repeat:
http://www.silver-lynx.com/gtl/list - module will generate segfault.
I can provide sources and makefiles for modules in a personal touch.
Free for contacts on this topic.
>Fix:
No ideas. My 'list' module wouldn't return segfault if there will be no functions inside;
segfault beeing generated even when on try to run simple function (like,
void zzz(void) { return; })