www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Vinnie Lima <vl...@csc.com>
Subject apache-api/5558: htpasswd returning errors
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 15:37:35 GMT

>Number:         5558
>Category:       apache-api
>Synopsis:       htpasswd returning errors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Jan 07 07:40:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     vlima@csc.com
>Release:        1.3.9
Whenever attempting to use ./htpasswd -c filename username

it returns with error:

# ./htpasswd -c users bob
New password:
Re-type new password:
./htpasswd: unable to create temporary file
fopen: No such file or director

But i copied the htpasswd executable from another apache version 1.3.6 into the
same directory, and did the "htpasswd -c users bob" and it created the password
file users with the username "bob" without a problem. Also the permissions on
file and directory are set correctly. What gives?

I'm running mod_ssl with openssl 2.9.4 together with apache.

thanks,
Vinnie
>How-To-Repeat:
Not visible from the I-net.
>Fix:
Something in the script htpasswd is attempting to open a directory or file that
does exit!?