www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: general/5553
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 05:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/5553; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: strokop@bioc.aecom.yu.edu
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: general/5553
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:45:03 -0700 (MST)

 On 7 Jan 2000 marc@locus.apache.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: Severe memory leaks on Apache 1.3.6.
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
 > State-Changed-By: marc
 > State-Changed-When: Thu Jan 6 21:40:04 PST 2000
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >  I see no reason to think there is anything wrong here, lease
 >           the system runs, Linux normally uses more and more memory fo
 >           completely normal.  You would be best served asking in some
 >           group for an explanation.

 This got cut off a bit:

 I see no reason to think there is anything wrong here, least of all with
 Apache.  As the system runs, Linux normally uses more and more memory for
 disk caching.  This is completely normal.  You would be best served asking
 such questions in a Linux support forum if you want an explaination of how
 memory is allocated under Linux.