www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steffen Roller ...@daa.de>
Subject config/5550: handling of TAKE13 parameters
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 18:21:11 GMT

>Number:         5550
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       handling of TAKE13 parameters
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jan 06 10:30:00 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     sr@daa.de
>Release:        1.3.9
I am writing a special module for apache in the win32 environment. I declare
one of my directives in command_rec for my module as follows
{
 "archiv", set_scanview_connection, NULL, ACCESS_CONF, TAKE13,
 "name of archiv, optional followed by username and password"
},

Case 1)
If I put a line like this in the httpd.conf
<pre>
archiv svpdev user passwd
</pre>
everything goes well.

Case 2)
<pre>
archiv svpdev user
</pre>
the server gave me the cmd->info string.

Case 3)
<pre>
archiv svpdev
</pre>
the server crashes in http_config.c line# 884
<pre>
if (*w == '\0' || (*w2 && !w3) || *args != 0)
</pre>
In this case, the pointer w2 is NULL and therefore the program crashes with an
"access violation". I now, I can't dereference a NULL pointer. I propose the
following line:
<pre>
if (*w == '\0' || (w2 && *w2 && !w3) || *args != 0)
</pre>
This checks the pointer w2 before we are going to derefence him.
.
.