www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Joseph Chiu <jos...@swap.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5538: log not initialized when calling fail
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2000 03:38:38 GMT

>Number:         5538
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       log not initialized when calling fail
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    jserv
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jan  4 19:40:00 PST 2000
>Originator:     joseph@swap.com
>Release:        Apache 1.3.9 + JServ 1.1b3
RH 6.0 + Apache 1.3.9 + JServ 1.1b3
java org.apache.jserv.JServ $properties $SC_SITE/web/etc/jserv.properties -s
        at org.apache.jserv.JServ.fail(JServ.java:520)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServ.fail(JServ.java:513)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServ.signal(JServ.java:495)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServ.main(JServ.java:138)

When I send a stop or a restart request, the AuthenticatedSocket call fails with connection
refused -- the exception handling for this dies because the log channel is not initialized.

File: JServ.java

 * <p>
 * It sets up the server, initalizes everything, and listens on a TCP
 * port for requests for the server. When it gets a request, it
 * launches a JServConnection thread.
 * @author Stefano Mazzocchi
 * @version $Revision: 1.48 $ $Date: 1999/10/12 01:51:14 $

Make the exception handler spit out error to System.println before calling fail(msg, e);