www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Pee Wee <MonAk...@gmx.de>
Subject general/5535: Accessing the Web Server
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 16:54:31 GMT

>Number:         5535
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Accessing the Web Server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jan  4 10:10:01 PST 2000
>Originator:     MonAkira@gmx.de
>Release:        1.3.9
Windows 98
I installed the Apache Web Server as discribed in the documentation. There was a bug because
of a known ServerName Problem I fixed like discribed in the FAQ by entering "localhost" as
ServerName in the configuration file. So I start the Server, but when I try to open it in
my browser a Password prompt appears instead of the "The Apache Web Server is Installed" site.
I didnt change any passwords or config files expect the first error. No idea why it doesnt
work. Please help!
Access to my Web Server
No Idea