www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "manoj pinto" <mlp...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/5529: Apache shuts down for some reason
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2000 18:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/5529; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "manoj pinto" <mlp007@hotmail.com>
To: marc@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-windows/5529: Apache shuts down for some reason
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 10:34:03 PST

 Marc,
     I forgot to mesion  that I did it earlier as you mensioned( I have
 installed Apacche 1.3.9_win_exec, and following is what I did and got.

 my navigation in DOS is c:\Program files\Apache Group\Apache

 my command is NET START APACHE

 The error that I get is as follows:

 Error 2185: Ther service name is invalid. Make sure you are specifying a
 service name, and then try again.

 I don't understand the error, moreover I dont find in windows start up menu
 to shutdown the server.

 I appreciate your quick response, please guide me further.

 Thank you
 Manoj