www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Alex Charalabidis <a...@wnm.net>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/5518: httpd silently dies during startup
Date Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_log-any/5518; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org, apbugs@apache.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_log-any/5518: httpd silently dies during startup
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:40:18 -0600 (CST)

 On 29 Dec 1999 apbugs@hyperreal.org wrote:

 > >Category:       mod_log-any
 > >Responsible:    apache
 > >Synopsis:       httpd silently dies during startup
 > >Arrival-Date:   Wed Dec 29 15:20:01 PST 1999

 Addendum:

 As I subsequently found out, the errors ARE logged. They get logged to the
 ErrorLog file of the VirtualHost with the bad TransferLog entry, which
 really doesn't help at all when you have 200 unique users/sites on the
 machine. It only appears in logs/error_log if there is no ErrorLog
 directive for the affected VirtualHost.

 -ac