www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@apache.org
Subject Re: general/5514: htpasswd encryption method with apache 1.3.x differs from apache previous to 1.2
Date Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:26:04 GMT

Synopsis: htpasswd encryption method with apache 1.3.x differs from apache previous to 1.2

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Mon Dec 27 10:26:03 PST 1999
State-Changed-Why:
They are perfectly compatible.  Normally, Apache doesn't
encrypt them itself; your OS's crypt() function does.  If you
change OSes and have a different crypt() function, then...
well... there isn't much we can do about that...

If I were you, I would look very closely at the problem to
ensure that what you think is the problem is actually the
problem and it isn't really something else.