www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From jon * <...@clearink.com>
Subject mod_jserv/5498: Pages being returned are empty
Date Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/5498; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jon * <jon@clearink.com>
To: Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: mod_jserv/5498: Pages being returned are empty
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:48:26 -0800

 ----------
 From: Jon Smirl <jonsmirl@mediaone.net>
 Date: 20 Dec 1999 19:20:05 -0000
 To: apbugs@hyperreal.org

 >Number:         5498
 >Category:       mod_jserv
 >Synopsis:       Pages being returned are empty
 >Confidential:   no
 >Severity:       serious
 I can watch my servlet write data into the output stream, but this data is
 not being flushed form JServ to Apache. Should out.close() in
 JServConnection.java be servlet_out.close() instead? Switch this fixes my
 problem.

 > From JServConnection.java...

                 if (servlet_writer != null) {
                     servlet_writer.close();
                 }
                 out.close;

 change to:
                 if (servlet_writer != null) {
                     servlet_writer.close();
                 } else
                     servlet_out.close();

 Why is this loop needed in the JServOutputStream close function?

             int l;
             do {
                 l = in.available();
                 in.skip(l);
             } while (l > 0);

             sendHttpHeaders();
             out.close();

 The page that is giving me trouble has data available on it.

 Jon Smirl
 jonsmirl@mediaone.net

 >How-To-Repeat:

 >Fix: