www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Tatiana Kositsky <tkosit...@acsiom.org>
Subject general/5394: Installation problem - cannot compile the source code
Date Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:11:37 GMT

>Number:         5394
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Installation problem - cannot compile the source code
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
> ./configure "--prefix=/space/usr/local/apache"
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.6
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 270 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to NOT-AVAILABLE
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
cpp: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': Not enough space
make: *** [dummy] Error 1
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
 Aborting!

I have gcc installed in /usr/local/bin on my computer and also Sun Workshop 5.0 installed
as well.
My PATH is :
PATH=/opt/GNUzip/root/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/bin:/space/usr/local/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:.

Why I get message about compiler and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Tatiana