www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marcus Haarmann <haarm...@tmssoft.de>
Subject mod_jserv/5385: Servlets do not answer sometimes
Date Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:12:30 GMT

>Number:         5385
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Servlets do not answer sometimes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I tried to compile JSERV as a Shared Object and Apache loads it correctly. Servlets can be
run (e.g. the Hello Servlet) and in jserv.log there is written that the servlet ist called.

[29/11/1999 12:01:50:490 GMT] Hello: init
But the output of the servlet is empty, when I first make a call to the appropriate URL. The
second call gives an output but the third won't aso.
There ist no error logged in any logfile. Setting jserv logging to debug doesn't give me any
clue.
Apache was loaded from the SCO-Site where it was prebuilt with Shared Object Support (mod_so)
and it is running fine (CGI etc working).
java is VM 1.1.7b also from SCO

Can anybody give me a hint where to search ?
I ran the same software on my Linux machine without any problems (VM 1.1.7, Apache 1.3.9),
so I don't suspect a configuration issue.
Maybe its a problem with Java VM by SCO ?

>How-To-Repeat:
Sorry, no Internet access to this machine