www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jerome Michaudon <micha...@ri.silicomp.fr>
Subject mod_jserv/5376: AdaptiveClassLoader never calls its parent class loader when looking for a class.
Date Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:25:15 GMT

>Number:         5376
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       AdaptiveClassLoader never calls its parent class loader when looking for
a class.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
AdaptiveClassLoader should call the class loader which loaded it when looking
for a class instead of directly invoking the system class loader.

As all classes (and so JServ) are loaded by my own class loader in my
software, AdaptativeClassLoader is unable to find any classes used by
servlet implementations (except core classes).
>How-To-Repeat:
You just have to load JServ with another class loader than the System one.
>Fix:
In AdaptativeClassLoader:

1) add a contstructor that set the parent class loader.
2) invoke super.loadClass() instead of loadSystemClass()